February 5, 2015

my favorite green smoothie

 

Many mornings we all have smoothies for breakfast. Little Goose loves anything in drinkable form, so this is a great way to get good stuff into her!

And for those of you that are thinking "Yuck! You couldn't get me to drink raw spinach if you paid me!" ....

You can NOT taste the spinach. 

Like at all.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.


 

The base ingredients that I like to use stay the same. Frozen banana, frozen mango, spinach, and almond milk. This alone makes a delicious smoothie. Most of the time I add in some extras though. This day I added pineapple, chia seeds, and some green super food powder.


If I have fresh spinach, that is what I use, but frozen spinach works just fine and is convenient to keep on  hand.

I can. not. wait. for some fresh spinach from our garden! Come on spring!


Smoothie making is a great thing for kids to help with. She loves to add the ingredients into the blender. 

One thing at a time.

Literally.

Sigh.


Here she is enjoying the fruits of her labor. Yum!

I put her smoothie in a thermos straw cup and she sips on it all morning.


Mama and Daddy's smoothies go into a mason jar because, well, doesn't everything taste better from a mason jar?

And yes, my meat and potatoes husband will drink this smoothie, so it must be pretty good, right?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Green Breakfast Smoothie Recipe:

Milk ( any kind)
1/2 of a frozen banana
few chunks of frozen mango
handful of fresh, or sprinkling of frozen spinach
frozen berries, or pineapple or both
about a teaspoon of green powder or spirulina (optional)
chia seeds or ground flax meal (optional)

Cover the blades of your blender with milk.
Add all of your ingredients. (If using fresh spinach, put it down low on top of the blades.)
Blend until creamy and smooth!

I like to add a little garnish of shredded coconut, or more chia seeds on top.

Then slurp it all down! 

Can't you feel all those vitamins and nutrients coursing through your body?!

Don't you want to go and conquer the world now?

Or at least do the the dishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment