February 18, 2015

icy winter walk












The winter draws on and has been a mild one for us so far.

This week we got our first real taste of some icy winter weather.

Although I don't like the effects on travel and the possible power outages that ice has, since we could all stay home together and so far, have kept our electricity, I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this little ice storm.

It's not often that we get to enjoy the company of hubby/daddy during the weekdays. 

We sure love "im!

I really had fun with my camera today. Everything looks different under a layer of sparkling ice.

I think this little girl would stay outside all day in any sort of weather...she can't get enough! She loves her new waterproof boots, and stomping along the crusty ice, collecting rocks and twigs that stick out.

Ah, the simple pleasures of the changing seasons... I am enjoying these last weeks of winter, knowing that spring is not that far from us now.








No comments:

Post a Comment