August 3, 2016

a mason jar obsession








That's a real thing that happens to some people, you know.

Well it is.


I think it all started with a mason quart jar of honey I bought a few years ago. After the honey was long gone, which takes about 46.5 seconds in this house, I washed it out and thought, "I must keep this glass jar."


The jar seemed like a good thing to drink water from at work. It had a funky paper label still stuck to it but, oh well. I carried that jar with the funky honey label for about a year, catching a flood of "what's that clear liquid in that jar?" jokes.


I loved my honey jar.

I love it still.


I began feeling the urge to buy jars when I was at the grocery store, Target, and at antique malls... Well, I had developed an overly sensitive "jar eye".

Ah yes, the jar eye.


Apparently, from what I see on Pinterest, I am not the only one with this 

condition.

Here's a sampling of how this condition manifests itself in our home. (I walked through the house in search of jars to photograph, and after realizing how many I actually have, I'm a little concerned for myself.)




For bouquets of flowers.



For freezing and refrigerating.



For dranking.



For clothespins and African Violet fertilizer.



The cupboard where the extras live.



For fairy lights on the mantle.



For vacation memories.



For arts and crafts supplies.



For laundry soap.



For collecting coins and our Christmas fund.



For pantry storage.



For coffee.



For peppermint tea.






What do you use mason jars for? Please tell me I'm not the only one with this sickness.




No comments:

Post a Comment