August 26, 2016

a nature walk




























It's been so hot and humid now that we are knee deep into the dog days of August. The best time to be outside at the moment is early morning and evening. We are also in a nice pattern of having rainstorms almost every afternoon. Thank goodness, because we had the most fearfully dry spring and early summer that I can remember. Also I don't have to water the garden as much, which is nice. 

A nice morning stroll down the driveway was in order this morning. I enjoyed examining all the weeds and wildflowers and mushrooms and moss. Ace walked the pup and enjoyed a little tromp through the mud. And may I just take a moment to mention that I am in love with this girl's hair? She woke up with it looking just like this. She didn't get it from me, that's all I know.

Loving these last bits of summer, and so looking forward to fall coming soon! There are a few trees that are already relinquishing some of their leaves. I am thankful to live in a place that fully experiences all the seasons. 


1 comment:

  1. Fine pics and glad you made it home with that ferocious beast and the pup. Muzzy is baking apple cookies and recycling chicken legs. Will be a GOOD evening. The place smells good enough to eat. Glad I can get a mouth full of air! Love Yall!

    ReplyDelete