September 18, 2014

vintage magazine candle holder


I had myself a little nap time craft therapy the other day.



Here are the supplies that I gathered.



Can we just take a moment to appreciate this 1939 page from Home Arts magazine? 
"Old Leg Trouble"? "Wake Up Your Liver Bile"? 
Oh. My.
Charming and disturbing at the same time.




Anyway...
I used an old tomato sauce jar and took the label off with Goo Gone. Then I measured and cut a cute portion of the magazine page, and added a scallop to the bottom.



 I cut some little hearts out of the center.




Using the Mod Podge, I applied the paper around the jar, pulling it tight so it laid smooth and overlapped at the back. I placed the heart cut-outs where I wanted them and brushed over them also.



Then, I added a piece of velvety ribbon around the jar with hot glue.
Lastly, I put some pebbles in the bottom, and added a votive candle.



Looks super cute and cozy lit at night!
I. Love. Nap time. 
And amen.

Have you been doing any interesting crafts lately?
Tell me in the comments!







2 comments:

  1. I want a light like that to eat my light and simple supper by while gazing at my zinnia bouqet and watching that sweet goomer in the window. I wait with baited breath for the next post but Muzzy says it's baited with a dead thing. So much for garlic toothpaste! Love It All!! Keep It Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make an awesome Valentine's Day DIY Project! Nice post. :-)

    ReplyDelete