June 24, 2016

diy bubbly facial mask



Hey Friends!
I am blogging over at Dig The Good Life now! Come on over, I share simple and creative home life, wholesome food and handmade projects, just like here! 


I even re-wrote this post over there, come check it out! DIY Face Mask Recipe







Here is a recipe for a homemade face mask that I have been using regularly.

It's very easy to make and it really does good things for my skin. It cleans and tightens pores and helps dry up breakouts. 

I always seem to make too much, so I mix it in a glass container with a lid and keep the leftovers in the fridge for a few days so I can do another mask.




You only need two ingredients for this mask. Bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar. Both have well know benefits for the complexion.  I get my clay from here, but I know other places offer it, including Amazon. 

Keep in mind, as you work with bentonite clay, that you should avoid using metal. Apparently, when the clay comes into contact with metal, it becomes less effective. When I mix it, I use a glass bowl and my finger! 


I know, me and my advanced technological methods!






Pour a bit of clay into the bowl, then slowly add the apple cider vinegar. It's better to add a tiny bit and have to add more, that to add too much and make it runny. You want the consistency to be thick and fluffy. It will bubble and fizz a little as you mix.

  


Like this!

Spread it on a clean face and leave it on for about fifteen minutes or so.

It makes my face feel very tingly and warm. Remove mask with warm water and a washcloth. My face is always pretty red and warm after I take it off, but that goes away in just a few minutes. 


I love the way the mask makes my skin feel... Very soft, smooth and clean. I have noticed a much more even tone also!


I would suggest that if you have extremely sensitive skin, you might want to do a patch test on a small spot to make sure it isn't irritating. You can also replace the vinegar with plain water to tone the mask down a bit.



Here's a few interesting facts about bentonite clay:


~ Bentonite clay is harvested from volcanic ash.


~ Because of it's strong negative ionic charge, bentonite clay acts as a kind of sponge, absorbing metals, toxins and acids.


~ A clay skin mask made from benonite clay stimulates blood flow, absorbs extra oils and gunk, and helps remove dead skin cells that can clog your pores.












No comments:

Post a Comment