September 15, 2014

light and simple supper






Last night was one of those nights.
You know, when you find yourself digging through the fridge, the cabinets, and the pantry looking for supper.
And you don't find it, so you look through everything a second, and third time.
I have one of these types of frustrating events at least once a week. Hmmm... maybe I need to meal plan... But that's another topic.
So here is what I came up with.
First I dumped some brown rice in a pot to cook. You can't go wrong with rice, it's a fact.
Then after scrounging about in the veggie drawer, I pulled out zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, and some garlic.
I sliced the veggies into wedges, threw them on a roasting pan and tossed it all in some good olive oil. Then I sprinkled everything with salt, pepper, thyme, and fresh rosemary.
It was all roasted at 425 degrees until everything was sizzling and turning golden.
And there it was! A super easy and light, yet filling supper. I served the veggies over the brown rice with butter and some more sea salt.
Delizioso!!
Sometimes the simple meals can be the most beautiful and delicious meals of all.





No comments:

Post a Comment