June 3, 2016

how to make cozy butter eggs



Eggs are some of my very favorite things to eat. 

And this is my favorite way to eat them.

I call them Cozy Butter Eggs because don't they look cozy tucked into these little ramekins? And, well, butter.



I start with a nice, deep fry pan and greased ramekins. 



Then I crack my eggs into the ramekins. I put two eggs per ramekin sometimes.



Then, I pour water into the pan around the ramekins, about one inch deep or so.



Covering the pan, I turn the burner on medium-high and cook the eggs, boiling the water and steaming them until they reach desired doneness. (Is doneness a word? It is today.) It doesn't take too long, maybe 5 min for a soft egg and closer to ten for a hard one. Just check as they cook.



When it is done, carefully remove from pan with tongs, hot, hot!

I like to top mine off with a little pat of butter, some fresh grated Farmer John cheese (Parmesan), and some salt and pepper.

And of course some bacon if you have it. Ha.


And there she be! The most delicious, buttery egg you will ever taste. 

Ever. 

Ta-da! 

No comments:

Post a Comment