October 25, 2016

my facial care routine







My skin has it's ups and downs, with spells of acne breakouts, and spotty dryness. There are things that effect my skin that has nothing to do with what I put on it, such as water consumption, sugar intake and hormones. Sugar is a big one for me personally. If I don't eat sweets, I hardly ever break out. My skin gets really clear. 

But another thing that helps my skin be it's best is a consistent care routine with products my skin likes. It has taken me 29 years, but I finally seem to have a winning combo. 


1. Pacifica Sea Foam Face Wash
I love this cleanser. It leaves my skin soft and fresh, not too dry, and smells amazing. I use it in the morning.


2. Jojoba oil blended with Palmarosa essentail oil
I have experimented with about 4,583 different moisturizers. Coconut oil, expensive ones, drug store ones, health food store ones... This is the best I've ever used. Extremely inexpensive, deeply moisturizing while not greasy, and absorbs quickly. Oh yeah, and it doesn't break me out. 
Now for the palmarosa oil, I added about 10-12 drops to a 2 ounce bottle of jojoba oil with a dropper. I use 3 drops of the blend on my face in the morning. The palmarosa oil smells great, and is supposed to have very good balancing and toning properties. I found the dilution has to be pretty weak though, as too much essential oil really irritated my skin.



3. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes
These wipes are ones I can count on to keep my skin balanced, while cleansing my face before bed at the end of the day.


4. Alba Botanica Mini Peel
This is a clear gel mask that has great exfoliating effects. It really gets rid of dead skin dullness and perks things right up. I use this every week to two weeks.



5. DIY Bubbly Mask

I use this homemade concoction all over my face about once a week. Or as a spot treatment when I have a zit. It is really magical stuff. Makes my skin glow I tell you.



Do you have facial products that you swear by? Or are you still on the search for the magic combo?


No comments:

Post a Comment