November 24, 2014

my thanksgiving mantle


I'm a little bit of a nosy person sometimes in regards to people's homes and how they choose to decorate and organize.

So needless to say, I just love it when people share photos of their house or a certain area they have decorated. It just tickles me!

I thought I would share my Thanksgiving mantle with you.


I'm in love with these little chalkboards my husband made for me. They are just plywood that I painted on both sides with chalkboard paint. I use them a lot, writing and drawing different quotes, scriptures, or sketches for each season or holiday. I also have one in a picture frame we keep in our bathroom and write notes back and forth.


This paper leaf banner I made with twine, book page leaves and tiny clothespins.


                                                   
                                                     


I recently bought a chalk pen and it's so much fun! You can use it on chalkboard surfaces, windows, mirrors, etc... I drew a roaring fire on the glass of our gas logs.

Here and here are a couple of bloggers whose homes inspire me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid that I have the same trait as mybrother-in-law in that the only taste I have is in my mouth but you & G.M. can take up the slack! Love Yall! (me)

    ReplyDelete