April 17, 2015

a small way I save my family money



I don't know about you, but there are two things that I just can't resist...

a chemical free alternative to a household staple,

and a money-saver.

This combines both, to make a lovely,and effective automatic dishwasher powder that not only is natural and safe, it is a cheap as the bargain, chemical stuff.

It is basically like using a more expensive, natural brand like this,
for the price of this.


Chlorine, chemical fragrances, artificial dyes, and sometimes phosphates are in regular dishwashing detergents.  
This recipe only contains baking soda, washing soda, and optional essential oil. 

For about 8 cents per load, compared to about 25 cents per load of the store bought natural brand, you can have your nice squeaky clean dishes free of any toxic residues, and also have around 6o dollars more in your pocket at the end of the year.

Here's my recipe:

Add equal parts baking soda and washing soda to a glass jar. (I usually make about a quart jar at a time and fill it half way up with one, then the rest of the way full with the other.) 

If desired add a few drops of essential oil. I like citrus oils, but you could experiment... Peppermint might be nice.

Put your lid on and shake it up! My little goose like to help with this step.

I have an 1/8 of a cup scoop that I use. (Shown in picture.) I typically use about a scoop and a half per load. 

There.

Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment