June 29, 2016

garden update 6-28-16



                                                         

                                                     

Here's the little garden. It's not dead yet, that's something isn't it?!



Here's my largest zucchini plant with a couple zucchini coming along.



The tomatoes have really shot up over the past couple of weeks. There are many tomatoes covering their branches! Yay!



The snap peas are about ready to be yanked out. they didn't do very well this year, I don't think I kept them watered well enough. The sunflowers in between look good though. I think I'll plant some bush beans along the edges where the peas are.



One thing I can always count on to do well is zinnias! There are some cosmos in there also.





The rhubarb is getting eaten up by something, but I don't know what. I've never caught anything in the act, but they sure have ruined my plants. They are so pitiful looking! And stunted! Oh well.





We are growing potatoes in buckets again this year. I like this method, we had great success last year!





Well, if the rest of my garden is a bust, I can count on the compost pile to come through for me. A tomato plant and a mystery squash or cuke.



I am so excited to see my morning glories climbing the trellis!









A double day lily.



Bee balm.



Orange cosmos and a peach zinnia.





We are going to have a ton of blackberries this year! Every morning we go out and stand along the driveway and pick the ripe ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment