July 23, 2016

garden update 7-23-16

   



My little patio tomatoes are doing well, it's fun to go on the back porch and have a snack!


This is a peppermint gone wild.

 
Potatoes in buckets are happy. We need to add one more layer of soil on top.


My orange mint is also in a pot on the back porch. I plan on picking a bunch of mint and drying it for tea. My mom grows some chocolate mint and makes a tea from that and it is so delicious with a little almond milk! 



I may just need to admit defeat with the rhubarb. It should be enormous by now and just look at it. I added some chicken poop as fertilizer around everything this week, hopefully that will help it. Apparently they need a lot of feeding. Also need to cover with some Reemay or something, the grasshoppers are going to town on it.


Morning glory!



The pollinators love my zinnia and cosmos bed.


The zucchini that I have harvested a whopping one zucchini from.


Compost tomatoes are the happiest tomatoes!


Here is my compost mystery squash plant... What could it be? Butternut perhaps?


                                                                           
   
  Herbs: rosemary, lavender, basil, lemon thyme, and lemon balm. 

                            
                                       
                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment