August 29, 2016

summer bucket list check-in





At the beginning of the summer, I wrote a blog post called Summer Bucket List, where I listed all the things I wanted to do this summer for fun. As summer starts to draw to a close, I wanted to check in, and see how many of these things I have actually accomplished, and hopefully make a mad dash to squeeze in whatever I haven't done yet. Sometimes it helps me to not only make a list of important tasks and chores that need to get done, but also one to encourage me to stop and have some fun. In this busy life, where I tell myself I must accomplish this, that and the other thing, I need to just schedule times to play! 




1. Drink a root beer float at the drugstore counter


2. Wade in the icy cold river and stack rocks

3. Hike to a waterfall

4. Lay on a blanket and watch the stars come out

5. Go to a downtown street dance

6. Hear a live, outdoor concert

7. See the ocean and build a sandcastle

8. Go camping

9. Roast marshmallows and eat s'mores

10. Go canoeing 

11. Go bowling

12. Catch a fish

13. Visit a water park

14. Eat veggies from my own garden


Oh dear, I haven't done very well so far! I need to get busy and schedule in some more summer fun before autumn arrives. We do have plans to visit the beach before too long, so that one will happen...
Most of the other things I wanted to do are all do-able, I just have to make them happen! I don't want to miss opportunities to make memories together as a family, that's why I think a goal list is so helpful! (Even if it seems a little silly to schedule fun.) 

What fun things have you done as a family this summer? Anything you need to squeeze in before fall? 

Ooooh! Fall! Fall will get its own bucket list!!


No comments:

Post a Comment