November 6, 2014

autumn splendor



















Oh autumn...

How I love you.

Every year at this time I am reminded of what a special gift it is to live in these beautiful mountains that I love so much.

Four distinct seasons, all equally glorious for a million different reasons.

Here are a few of the reasons that I love fall:

Leaves that are ablaze with color, cool weather, long shadowed afternoons, acorns and pine cones to gather and put in bowls and jars all over the house, ha! 

Yes I do that.

Crunch, crunch when you step, apples, pumpkins, sweaters, hot soup...

Sigh.

Fall, please stay a little longer.


Tell me your favorite part of autumn in the comment section!



1 comment:

  1. And shopping trips with Grandmuzzy with a BRRR in the aiir and instead of having to run to the air conditioner and hoping everything doesn't spoil before you get home. I'm with you about Fall hanging around a while longer, like maybe a year or two but you know how I am about cooler weather or even a frost several inches deep. Watch out for who's inside those high-speed tennie-sneakers next to yours! (me)

    ReplyDelete